How to use the Sempo App as a Vendor
- 1.Open by clicking on the Sempo icon
- 2.Login by entering your phone number and the PIN code that you received. (You will have received your PIN either in a welcome SMS, or it will be the last four digits of your phone number. Please check with the NGO or Field Partners to confirm.) Click Login to proceed.
- 3.Passcode. Next time you open the app you will be asked to enter your Passcode. Choose a code that is easy to remember and secure. Don't tell anyone.
- 1.Search for and open the Sempo app
- 2.Down the bottom right of the Sempo App, tap to select Transaction Mode
- 3.On the top of the screen there are three icons. Touch the icon on the right with the cards, to receive a payment by card
- 4.Enter the total amount that you wish to charge the customer. Then click Charge.
- 5.Select categories of all products/services being purchased. If unsure, select "Other". Then click Next.
- 6.On the next screen, below the QR code, tap Touch to Pay Card.
- 7.Ask the beneficiary to Hold their card on the back of your phone for 5 seconds. (Note: Where you have to hold your card will depend on your phone model.)
- 8.A confirmation screen will appear once the transaction is completed.
In the case of no internet connection, the balance will update once the connection is restored. Simply go to your wallet screen
and touch the balance field and pull it down to refresh.
For the Kogan Agora XI phone, you need to hold the card against the middle of the back of the phone.
- 1.Open the Sempo App and select Transaction Mode
- 2.There are three icons at the top of the screen. Touch the left icon with the QR scanner symbol.
- 3.Hold the customer’s card against the back of the phone, just like you are making a payment.
- 4.The balance will appear on your phone. Show the balance of the card to the customer.
Do you need cash sooner than the agreed pay cycle?
- 1.Go to another vendor and check if they can pay the cash out in the amount you asked for.
- 2.Open the Sempo app and click the transact mode
- 3.Use a slider on top of the screen. Slide it to the middle.
- 4.Enter the amount you wish to cash out and click send.
- 5.Show the QR code to the vendor. The code contains the details of the transaction.
- 1.Open the Sempo app and click the transact mode
- 2.Use a slider on top of the screen. Slide it to the left.Position the code in a way that fits in the square on the screen.
- 3.Payout cash in the amount you received in your digital wallet.
- 4.Register in your books. Remember to register the pay out in your own books.
If you need to give a refund, please:
- 1.Contact the organisation that registered you for this cash transfer program. Tell them the name of the customer, and the exact amount owed.
- 2.The organisation can then reverse the transfer.
- 1.Go to the settings page and click "Export Data"
- 2.Enter an email address and click the button. You will receive an email with a spreadsheet link (expires in 24 hours). This contains all transfers on the account with data. Specifically: Transfer Amount, Created, Resolved Date, Transfer Type, Transfer Use, Transfer Status.
1. When you have access to the internet, click on the "Play Store App"
2. Search for 'Sempo' at the top of Play Store
3. When you see the Sempo App appear, click on Update. If you are prompted for a username and password, please use any google account details.
Note: If "Update" is not available but you see an "Open" button, that means you have access to the latest version of the app!