Working with Sempo
There are four key phases for working with Sempo:
- A. Scoping and Contracting
- B. Design, Training and Onboarding
- C. Cash Distribution and Monitoring
- D. Reporting and Preparing for Extension
During this phase, it is important that Sempo and our partners:
- Discuss the key objectives and characteristics of the cash transfer program
- Discuss the financial processes, flow of funds, preferred currency and cash-out method
- Finalise contracts
We also recommend that our Partners:
- Write Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Clarify the roles and responsibilities of Field Partners
- Establish communications with other key stakeholders, such as peer and government agencies
- Establish community presence and community accountability and reporting mechanisms
- Establish a monitoring and evaluation framework
During the initial kick-off meeting with Sempo for project design, we will discuss the following questions.
In reality, a lot of these features may change during the course of our engagement. But we find it helpful to discuss this list of characteristics at the start of the project and on an ongoing basis, to manage expectations.
Sempo will then organise trainings with you and your Field Partners to ensure you are comfortable with:
- Using the Sempo Dashboard, in particular:
Sempo can also deliver training for your financial accounting partners, if required.
You and your Field Partners will then register and train program participants. After collection of identity documentation (typically during registration). Sempo will then complete "Know Your Customer" (KYC) checks of your program participants, in compliance with relevant global standards and laws. Sempo requires at least 5 business days to complete KYC checks.
After your program participants are registered, we are ready to begin disbursing funds to beneficiaries and withdrawing/reimbursing vendors!
In this stage, we will work together to:
Where possible, we recommend planning for a week-long "mini-pilot" or week where a small number of beneficiaries have a shopping week at certain vendors. This can allow for testing and adaptation of our solution as required to your context.
We can work with you to analyse and report on participant and transfer data collected via our Platform.
- Deliver an end-point survey for feedback from partners
- Deliver a retrospective workshop to reflect on feedback
- Develop a learnings report
- Assist with donor reports and fundraising strategies for scale-ups.
Please note: we also encourage our partners to conduct on-the-ground monitoring to ensure that the program has not resulted in adverse effects, such as beneficiaries being taken advantage of by vendors, or domestic violence due to the distribution. Please conduct us at [email protected] to discuss ways we can help you.